1/3 Photos of Amaretto Raisin Oven-Baked French Toast
1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 5 mins
This recipe has been a "fixer-upper" for a long time now. Have being playing around with ingredients and quantities and can't tell you where I found the original recipe. This is by no-means diet friendly!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 slices French bread or 8 slices challah or 8 slices brioche bread
- 8 tablespoons butter or 8 tablespoons margarine
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 -3 tablespoons Amaretto or 2 -3 tablespoons other almond liqueur
- 1/2 cup golden raisin
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup toasted & slivered almonds, chopped
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Spray 13x9" baking dish, generously.
- 3Soak raisins in 2 tablespoons of Amaretto only, add 1 tablespoon more if needed, after raisins are plumped, drain.
- 4Butter both sides of bread and place in baking dish, single layer, covering the bottom of dish.
- 5In a bowl, toss almonds with sugar and sprinkle all over the bread.
- 6Drizzle maple syrup and Amaretto-soaked raisins over almonds.
- 7In a bowl, mix eggs, vanilla extract, almond extract, half-and-half, milk, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- 8Pour evenly over bread slices.
- 9Let baking dish rest for 30 minutes, before placing in oven.
- 10Bake for 30-45 minutes, until brown.
- 11Working rapidly, invert on serving tray, cut into squares, and sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.
- 12Enjoy and serve piping hot!
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Amaretto Raisin Oven-Baked French Toast
Serving Size: 1 (221 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 737.2
- Calories from Fat 333
- Total Fat 37.0 g
- Saturated Fat 16.0 g
- Cholesterol 202.7 mg
- Sodium 725.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 84.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 33.4 g
- Protein 19.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: