Amaretto Pumpkin Pie With Almond Praline
- Make the dough: Pulse the flour, cookies and salt in a food processor until the cookies are finely ground. Add the butter and pulse until the mixture looks like coarse meal with pea-size bits of butter. Drizzle in 1/4 cup ice water and pulse until the dough begins to come together. Turn out into a 9-inch glass pie plate (not deep dish) and press into the bottom and up the sides about 1/4 inch above the rim. Pierce all over with a fork and chill until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line the crust with foil, then fill with pie weights or dried beans. Bake until the edges are golden, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove the foil and weights and continue baking until the crust is golden all over, 10 to 15 more minutes. Cool completely on a rack.
- Make the filling: Whisk the pumpkin, cream, sugar, eggs, liqueur, nutmeg, vanilla and salt in a bowl. Pour into the crust and bake until the edges are set but the center still quivers, 50 to 60 minutes. Cool completely on a rack.
- Meanwhile, make the praline: Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper and brush with vegetable oil. Stir the sugar and 1 tablespoon water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook, swirling the pan but not stirring, until amber, 6 to 7 minutes. Stir in the almonds and salt. Pour the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet, spreading it as thinly as possible with a rubber spatula. Cool completely.
- Coarsely chop or break the praline and sprinkle over the pie right before serving.