Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Here for safe keeping from the Junior League of San Francisco in their San Francisco Encore cookbook. The recipe states "This rich and sweet dish is ideal in small portions as a first course to a candlelit dinner."
- 16 large prawns
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 tablespoons orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 3 tablespoons brandy
- 2 teaspoons amaretto liqueur
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- white pepper
- Shell prawns, leaving tail intact, and devein.
- Melt butter in a large skillet and add prawns, cooking 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Mix together the lemon and orange peel (zests), the lemon and orange juices, the brandy, and the Amaretto and bring to a boil in the pan.
- Add the heavy cream and continue cooking until slightly reduced and thick enough to coat the prawns.
- Return the prawns to the pan and cook until heated through.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper,.
- Arrange prawns 4 to a plate, in a circular pattern with the tails pointing inches.
- Mask with the sauce and serve immediately.