Recipe by Ambervim
Melt in your mouth delights! Quick and easy to make for a great result. Only make them if you love almond and/or Amaretto!!!!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup almond liqueur (Amaretto di Saronno)
- 1 cup almonds, finely ground
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together the butter, sugar, and egg. Beat until light and fluffy. Stir in the liqueur and almonds.
- Mix the flour and salt and gradually add these to the creamed mixture. Form the dough into (2) 10-inch logs. Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.
- Cut the logs into 1/4" slices and bake in a 350° oven until lightly browned, about 10 minutes. (The alcohol dissipates but leaves that wonderful amaretto flavor.).
- Makes 6 to 7 dozen petite cookies.