Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Cooking Light October 2006.
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons oats
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup slivered almonds
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (about 9 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup Amaretto (almond-flavored liqueur)
- 1 1⁄2 cups peeled bosc pears, cored and finely chopped (about 2)
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- TOOPING: Combine brown sugar, oats, 2 tablespoons flour, 1 tablespoon butter, and cinnamon in a small bowl. Stir in almonds; set aside.
- CAKE: Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Place granulated sugar and 1/3 cup butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at high speed for 5 minutes or until well blended.
- Reduce mixer speed to medium; add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add flour mixture and sour cream alternately to sugar mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Stir in amaretto and pear.
- Spoon batter into a 13 x 9-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray; sprinkle topping evenly over batter.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack.