Recipe by MizzNezz
Wonderfully moist and these travel well too. They go fast!
Top Review by Sarah Cox
These are not at all what I imagined, but awesome just the same. I followed the recipe exactly. I loved the frosting. I think next time I will add more Amaretto or maybe almond extract to the muffins to make the flavor more noticeable. Thanks for the great recipe!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup Amaretto
- 1⁄3 cup slivered almonds
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons Amaretto
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In lg mixing bowl, beat butter and brown sugar until creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add 1/3 of the flour mix and all of the buttermilk.
- Add another 1/3 of the flour and all of the Amaretto.
- Beat well.
- Add remaining flour; beat until smooth.
- Stir in almonds.
- Lightly spray muffin cups; fill 2/3 full with batter.
- Bake at 375* for 15-20 minutes, or until muffins test done.
- Frosting: In small mixing bowl, beat sugar and butter.
- Add cream and Amaretto; beat until smooth.
- Add more cream if needed to reach spreading consistency.
- Spread on cooled muffins.