Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Wonderfully moist and these travel well too. They go fast!
Make and share this Amaretto Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup Amaretto
- 1⁄3 cup slivered almonds
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons Amaretto
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In lg mixing bowl, beat butter and brown sugar until creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add 1/3 of the flour mix and all of the buttermilk.
- Add another 1/3 of the flour and all of the Amaretto.
- Beat well.
- Add remaining flour; beat until smooth.
- Stir in almonds.
- Lightly spray muffin cups; fill 2/3 full with batter.
- Bake at 375* for 15-20 minutes, or until muffins test done.
- Frosting: In small mixing bowl, beat sugar and butter.
- Add cream and Amaretto; beat until smooth.
- Add more cream if needed to reach spreading consistency.
- Spread on cooled muffins.
These are not at all what I imagined, but awesome just the same. I followed the recipe exactly. I loved the frosting. I think next time I will add more Amaretto or maybe almond extract to the muffins to make the flavor more noticeable. Thanks for the great recipe!