Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This came from a Knox Gelatin magazine advertisement
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 envelope knox unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup amaretto liqueur
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream, whipped
- Combine graham cracker crumbs and melted butter.
- Press into bottom and sides of a 9" springform pan and then chill.
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle the gelatin over the cold water.
- Let stand for one minute.
- Stir over low heat until dissolved, about 3 minutes.
- Put aside.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar until fluffy.
- Gradually add evaporated milk and lemon juice to cream cheese mixture.
- Beat until fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Gradually beat the gelatin into cream cheese mixture along with liqueur and vanilla.
- Fold in the whipped cream.
- Pour into crust.
- Chill 8 hours or overnight.
- Garnish with chocolate sauce and berries, if desired.