Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Since lately I've been drinking protein drinks nearly everyday, I like to keep it interesting. This is a simple recipe that adds a little variety. It's a great breakfast or mid morning snack!
- 1 1⁄2 cups ice
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 2 scoops chocolate whey protein powder
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Put ingredients in blender, in the order listed. Blend until smooth and creamy. Enjoy!
Loved it - next time I'll add more almond extract and instant coffee since my protein powder has a strong flavor. Also a half cup of milk is not very much for a whole breakfast; to make this a meal, I would need to increase it to a full cup. Thanks for a fun new protein shake idea!
Wowzer, 5 stars Jenni. Tried this for lunch today and it's fabulous w/the almond. I've made these b/f but not w/almond flavoring. It really adds great taste. Thanks alot for posting. Made for March Coffee Photoforum~