Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
From Cooking Light, May 2007
Make and share this Amaretto Margaritas recipe from Food.com.
- Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes or until sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat; cool completely.
- Stir in lime juice.
- Combine sugar mixture, tequila, orange juice, and amaretto in a pitcher.
- Serve over ice.
- Garnish with lime slices.
I cut this recipe down to make a couple drinks...it was a big hit...
FANTASTIC!!!! We loved this drink....I made it with key lime juice fresh from Key West!!! What a great drink! Thanks for posting!
Wonderful!! I tried an "Italian Margarita" at a bar last year, and thought of that when I spotted this recipe. I followed it exactly, and made a small pitcher that served four of us sizable drinks during our monthly Ladies Card Night. The fresh lime juice really is a Must in this recipe -- I wouldn't use bottled -- but they aren't too tart OR too sweet. Perfect for a hot day.