Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A warm summer evening in the garden, a nice meal...then a glass of this.....
- 3 cups strong coffee, cold
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream or 2 cups cinnamon ice cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup Amaretto
- 1⁄4 cup brandy
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- crushed ice or ice cube
- ground cinnamon (optional) or cocoa powder, for the topping (optional)
- Combine everything except ice in a blender and whip until smooth.
- Fill glasses half full with crushed ice or a few ice cubes, and fill the rest with coffee mixture.
- Sprinkle with some cinnamon or cacao.
This is a perfect summer after dinner treat. Everything in it is frosty, creamy and just plain delicious. I made two and we wiped them out pretty quickly.
Great refreshing coffee beverage! Loved the combo of ingredients. I used vanilla ripple ice cream which in addition to blending in the drink, I also garnished it with a scoop on top. I also cut the recipe into thirds as it was just myself and a friend indulging! Thanks for posting! Made for the Winter 2010 Comfort Cafe.
My new favourite Summer Drink. Although I may have to watch just how many of these I have :P