Prep 20 mins
Cook 24 hrs
Found this recipe on a rice cooker site on Yahoo Groups. Cooking time is freezing time.
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 6 amaretti cookies (crumbled)
- 1⁄3 cup amaretto liqueur
- Beat eggs and milk together in a large saucepan.
- Add sugar and cook over low heat, stirring constantly until thickened, about 10 minute
- Mixture should smoothly coat the back of a wooden spoon.
- Cool, then add cream and vanilla. Chill thoroughly.
- Begin soaking cookies in liqueur.
- Pour custard into ice cream maker; begin processing according to manufacturer' s directions.
- About 1/3 of the way through, add the cookies, along with some (not all) of the liqueur and continue processing using up all the crushed cookies and Amaretto.
- When processed, spoon mixture into airtight freezer container and freeze thoroughly.