Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Found this recipe on a rice cooker site on Yahoo Groups. Cooking time is freezing time.
Make and share this Amaretto Ice Cream recipe from Food.com.
- Beat eggs and milk together in a large saucepan.
- Add sugar and cook over low heat, stirring constantly until thickened, about 10 minute
- Mixture should smoothly coat the back of a wooden spoon.
- Cool, then add cream and vanilla. Chill thoroughly.
- Begin soaking cookies in liqueur.
- Pour custard into ice cream maker; begin processing according to manufacturer' s directions.
- About 1/3 of the way through, add the cookies, along with some (not all) of the liqueur and continue processing using up all the crushed cookies and Amaretto.
- When processed, spoon mixture into airtight freezer container and freeze thoroughly.