Prep 2 mins
Cook 3 mins
My husband and I had a craving for hot chocolate, so I came here to search for a recipe. I found one for Mexican Hot Chocolate (#37417) and tweaked it for what we had a taste for (and the ingredients we had on hand)
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- Put milk in a 4 Cup measuring cup, or other larger microwave safe dish (to leave room for stiring).
- Add cocoa, sugar and almond extract.
- Microwave for 3 minutes or until hot.
- Whisk (or just stir) until combined.
- Serve topped with whipped cream or marshmallows.
When I told DH I was going to make hot chocolate, he didn't realise it was not going to be the regular hot chocolate that I usually make! After he had his 1st sip, he had another and said "very interesting!" and gave 2 thumbs up! The only bit I did different was make it in a saucepan over the stove-top and double the amount since I knew we were going to go for second helpings! I also stirred in some whipped cream in the end. We LOVED it! And DD couldn't have enough of it! Thank you, Clare, for sharing this wonderful recipe, definitely will be making it again! Made for PAC Spring '08.
This was a hit with kids and adults alike! I had to double the recipe and then make it again to satisfy everyone in my house, which was no problem since it was so easy. Thanks Clare for the great recipe!