- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup toasted chopped hazelnuts
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 teaspoons Amaretto
- 2 cups bread flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon active dry yeast
- toasted chopped hazelnuts (optional) or almonds (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon Amaretto or 1 tablespoon almond extract
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk (if needed)
Directions See How It's Made
- BREAD DIRECTIONS: Add milk, the nuts, egg, sugar, margarine or butter, liqueur, salt, flour, and yeast to the bread machine according to the manufacturer' s directions.
- Bake and cool as directed. When bread is cool, drizzle with Amaretto Glaze. Makes a 1 pound loaf.
- AMARETTO GLAZE: In a small mixing bowl combine sugar, amaretto or hazelnut liqueur or almond extract. If needed, add 1 to 2 teaspoons milk to make of drizzling consistency.