Recipe by Mary K. W.
Saved from an old issue of Midwest Living magazine. Sounds like a perfect summer dessert. Cooking time is chilling time in refrigerator.
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 3 -4 tablespoons Amaretto
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 cups mixed fruit, cut-up (watermelon, honeydew, cantaloupe, seedless grapes, pineapple, peaches, etc)
Directions See How It's Made
- For syrup: In a small saucepan, stir together the sugar, water and honey. Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Set the mixture aside to cool.
- Stir in the amaretto and lemon juice. Place fruit in a large mixing bowl. Pour syrup over fruit. Cover and chill for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Serve over ice cream or top with whipped cream and toasted almonds or pecans.