Recipe by Outta Here
A really special breakfast for that special occasion! Try Irish Cream instead of Amaretto, for a different flavor.
Top Review by AcadiaTwo
This recipe is so delicious! I love amaretto, so this recipe was really a treat. I used cinnamon swirl bread. I didn't use the amaretto syrup on mine but the rest of the family did and they gave it 5 Stars! Made for Veg 'n Swap tag.
- 2 tablespoons Amaretto
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened or 1⁄2 cup stick-style margarine
- 1⁄4 cup Amaretto
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 6 tablespoons Amaretto
- 4 eggs, well beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 12 slices French bread, thick sliced
- butter, for cooking toast
Directions See How It's Made
- For butter, combine softened butter and 2 tbls. amaretto until well blended.
- For syrup: In small saucepan, combine 1/4 cup amaretto and syrup. Heat to boiling.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool to warm.
- For French toast: In large skillet over medium high, melt some butter.
- In shallow bowl mix all remaining ingredients except bread.
- Dip bread slices in mixture until just soaked through.
- Cook in butter until both sides are golden brown.
- Serve immediately with Amaretto butter and Amaretto Syrup.