Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
A really special breakfast for that special occasion! Try Irish Cream instead of Amaretto, for a different flavor.
- For butter, combine softened butter and 2 tbls. amaretto until well blended.
- For syrup: In small saucepan, combine 1/4 cup amaretto and syrup. Heat to boiling.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool to warm.
- For French toast: In large skillet over medium high, melt some butter.
- In shallow bowl mix all remaining ingredients except bread.
- Dip bread slices in mixture until just soaked through.
- Cook in butter until both sides are golden brown.
- Serve immediately with Amaretto butter and Amaretto Syrup.
This recipe is so delicious! I love amaretto, so this recipe was really a treat. I used cinnamon swirl bread. I didn't use the amaretto syrup on mine but the rest of the family did and they gave it 5 Stars! Made for Veg 'n Swap tag.
Yummy! This was really simple and so good. I halved the recipe for my grandson and myself. Made as directed for one serving, then used Frangelico for the other serving. Both of us enjoyed this both ways a lot. Thanks Mikekey for sharing this winning recipe. Congrats on your win in the Football Pool.
What a wonderful way to make yourself feel special! The Amaretto is amazing in this and adds such flavor. I can't wait to make this again!