Recipe by michEgan
Asking for different custard recipes, which my dad just loves, I was given this recipe. I have not tried it, but it looks really good!
- 16 ounces half-and-half
- 2 1⁄2 ounces granulated sugar
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 ounce Amaretto
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond flavoring
- 1 1⁄2 ounces almond paste
Directions See How It's Made
- Warm Half& Half.
- Place sugar, egg yolks, salt, Amaretto, vanilla flavor, almond flavor, and almond paste in another bowl, mix well.
- Mix the Half& Half with egg yolk mixture.
- Pour mixture through a sieve.
- Pour mixture into well-buttered and sugared ceramic molds.
- Bake at 350 degrees in water bath for about 45 minutes or until set.
- Cool, unmold, and serve with fresh sliced fruit, fruit sauce, caramel sauce, or whipped cream.
- Yield: four servings.