Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is such a simple, no cook, dessert that is good enough for a dinner party. It is quite rich, but the lemon adds a nice freshness to it and it is not too sweet. If you can find it you can use low fat mascarpone.
- 1 lb mascarpone (500gr)
- 11 ounces low-fat yogurt (300gr)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (100gr)
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 17 fluid ounces whipping cream, whipped (400gr)
- 7 ounces amaretti (200gr)
- 4 tablespoons Amaretto
- cocoa, for dusting (optional)
- Mix the mascarpone, yoghurt, sugar & lemon juice, using an electric mixer, until well combined.
- Fold in the whipped cream.
- Place the amaretti biscuits in a zip lock and bash or roll with a rolling pin until broken up.
- Mix the broken up amaretti biscuits with the amaretto liqueur and fold into the cream mix.
- Place in a large serving bowl, dust with cocoa and garnish with whole amaretti buiscuits.
- Alternatively you can divide it into 8-10 single servings in a pretty glass (martini glas for example), dust it with cocoa and garnish with amaretti biscuits.
- If you don't serve it immidiately, refridgerate.
This is such an ELEGANT dessert! I love the texture of the amaretti biscuts in the cream. I served this in tall champagne flutes. I'm going to have this for dessert the next time we have company. Thanks for posting.