Recipe by -Sylvie-
This is such a simple, no cook, dessert that is good enough for a dinner party. It is quite rich, but the lemon adds a nice freshness to it and it is not too sweet. If you can find it you can use low fat mascarpone.
Top Review by Countrywife
This is such an ELEGANT dessert! I love the texture of the amaretti biscuts in the cream. I served this in tall champagne flutes. I'm going to have this for dessert the next time we have company. Thanks for posting.
- 1 lb mascarpone (500gr)
- 11 ounces low-fat yogurt (300gr)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (100gr)
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 17 fluid ounces whipping cream, whipped (400gr)
- 7 ounces amaretti (200gr)
- 4 tablespoons Amaretto
- cocoa, for dusting (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the mascarpone, yoghurt, sugar & lemon juice, using an electric mixer, until well combined.
- Fold in the whipped cream.
- Place the amaretti biscuits in a zip lock and bash or roll with a rolling pin until broken up.
- Mix the broken up amaretti biscuits with the amaretto liqueur and fold into the cream mix.
- Place in a large serving bowl, dust with cocoa and garnish with whole amaretti buiscuits.
- Alternatively you can divide it into 8-10 single servings in a pretty glass (martini glas for example), dust it with cocoa and garnish with amaretti biscuits.
- If you don't serve it immidiately, refridgerate.