2 hrs 30 mins
I can't remember where I originally got this recipe from. There's a little bit of fussing to make them look cute, but it's worth it, especially for company! But even without the fussing, you can make them simpler and they still taste just as good. If you like almond flavoring, you'll love these cookies! (Prep time includes 1 hour chill time.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon Amaretto
- 2 1/4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup ground blanched almond
- green food coloring
- red sugar crystals
Amaretto Butter Cream
- 1Beat together butter, confectioners' sugar, and Amaretto liqueur until smooth.
- 2Stir in flour and almonds until well blended.
- 3Chill about 1 hour.
- 4Preheat oven to moderate (350 F).
- 5Roll dough, half at a time, on floured surface, to a 1/4 inch thickness.
- 6Cut out with a small floured spade or heart shaped cutter.
- 7Transfer with spatula to greased cookie sheets, spacing 1/2 inch apart.
- 8Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly browned around edges.
- 9Transfer to wire racks; cool.
- 10Store in tightly covered container for up to 2 weeks.
- 11Prepare Amaretto Butter Cream as follows:.
- 12Combine softened butter, Amaretto, heavy cream and confectioners' sugar in a small bowl.
- 13Beat until well blended.
- 14Reserve half butter cream plain; tint remainder pale green with food coloring.
- 15Frost cookies with plain butter cream.
- 16Dip in red sugar crystals or sprinkle crystals heavily over frosting, pressing in slightly.
- 17Using a cake decorator with a small round tip, or a plastic bag made into a cone, fill with green tinted butter cream.
- 18If using a plastic bag, cut the tip off the cone to make a small opening.
- 19Pipe a green stem and long points to resemble a strawberry hull on top of each cookie.
- 20(Or just frost the cookies with plain Amaretto butter cream frosting and use sliced, fresh strawberries on top.).
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Amaretto Cream Strawberries (Cookies)
Serving Size: 1 (978 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 967.7
- Calories from Fat 517
- Total Fat 57.5 g
- Saturated Fat 30.6 g
- Cholesterol 126.1 mg
- Sodium 335.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 106.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 59.8 g
- Protein 10.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: