Recipe by Chandra M
Quick to make, but does require some chill time (3 hours, included in cook time). From Great American Recipe card series.
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup amaretto liqueur
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- sliced strawberry (to garnish)
- mint leaf (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Toast the almonds on a cookie sheet for 10 minutes at 350°F
- Shake pan often and toast until lightly browned.
- Set aside to cool.
- in a 1-2 quart pan, sprinkle the gelatin over the water.
- Let sit 5 minutes.
- Heat over medium heat until mixture just simmers, remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs on high for 2 minutes until thick.
- Slowly beat in the sugar, liqueur, and gelatin.
- In a large bowl whip cream until it forms soft mounds.
- Fold in the egg mixture.
- Pour into 4 brandy glasses (or small bowls).
- Refrigerate for 3 hours.
- To serve top with toasted almonds and garnish with mint/berries if desired.