Prep 15 mins
Cook 72 hrs
Yummy Adult Only Cookies! Since the amaretto liquor is not baked, it is at full strength at 50% proof. (*Note: Cooking time is fermenting time). :D
- 2 1⁄2 cups vanilla wafers (finely crushed)
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 tablespoons white Karo
- 1 1⁄2 cups almonds (finely ground)
- 1⁄2 cup amaretto liqueur
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar (colored)
- Mix the first six ingredients together until well blended.
- Form dough into 1/2" balls and roll in colored granulated sugar.
- Place in a metal cookie tin on either parchment or waxed paper to ferment for about 3 days. (Most of my cookies were eaten the same day I made them). Enjoy!
These cookies are great! They are so fudgy, nutty and yummy!
I made 1/4 the recipe and got 8 big cookie balls, which were devoured instantly. :)
I used sugar-free choc chip cookies and hazelnut syrup in place of amaretto, leaving out the sugar completely since I wanted these to be kid- and diet-friendly.
We all loved the deep chocolate taste and creamy consistency of these and Ill surely make them often again. I opted out of the sugar coating, but Im sure that would make them look even better.
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this wonderful recipe with us, Acadia!
Made and reviewed for Veggie Swap #43 February 2012.