- 1⁄2 lb blanched almond, finely ground
- 4 drops bitter almond extract
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine almonds, oil, sugars, and lightly beaten egg whites in medium bowl.
- Knead mixture until dough is firm.
- Moisten hands and form dough into 1" balls.
- Place balls on parchment covered baking sheet and bake at 250* for about 60 minutes, on bottom rack in oven.
- Place cookies on cooling rack and dust with powdered sugar while still warm.