Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
Package these crunchy cookies in a gift box with a pound of your favorite coffee beans. Look for almond paste on your supermarket's baking aisle, and for best results, don't substitute marzipan, which is sweeter and more finely textured, in place of the paste. Recipe courtesy of Cooking Light.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (7 ounce) package almond paste
- 1 teaspoon Amaretto (almond-flavored liqueur)
- 2 large egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup turbinado sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place granulated sugar and almond paste in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until almond paste is broken into small pieces.
- Add amaretto and egg whites; beat on high speed 4 minutes or until smooth.
- Chill batter for 20 minutes.
- Drop batter by teaspoonfuls 1 inch apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Sprinkle evenly with turbinado sugar.
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until edges of cookies are golden brown.
- Cool completely on pans; carefully remove cookies from parchment.
- Cool on wire racks.