Recipe by looneytunesfan
These are yummy cookies.
Top Review by swingncocoa
Mmmmmm these are a great variation on the traditional chocolate chip cookie! I would definitely double the amaretto (personal preference) and maybe cut the almond extract back a tad, since I found it overpowering the amaretto a little. Thanks for sharing!! UPDATE: I halved the almond extract and doubled the amaretto, and trust me, the almond is definitely the strong flavor everyone is tasting. I could barely taste the amaretto, but the amount of extract was perfect. I'll be doing 4x the amaretto next time!
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon amaretto liqueur
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup sliced almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine four, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat butter and sugars until creamy. Beat in eggs, amaretto and extract. Reduce speed to low; beat in flour mixture just until blended. Stir in chocolate chips, coconut and almonds.
- Drop dough by heaping measuring spoons on large, ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden around edges.