Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are yummy cookies.
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon amaretto liqueur
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine four, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat butter and sugars until creamy. Beat in eggs, amaretto and extract. Reduce speed to low; beat in flour mixture just until blended. Stir in chocolate chips, coconut and almonds.
- Drop dough by heaping measuring spoons on large, ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden around edges.
Mmmmmm these are a great variation on the traditional chocolate chip cookie! I would definitely double the amaretto (personal preference) and maybe cut the almond extract back a tad, since I found it overpowering the amaretto a little. Thanks for sharing!! UPDATE: I halved the almond extract and doubled the amaretto, and trust me, the almond is definitely the strong flavor everyone is tasting. I could barely taste the amaretto, but the amount of extract was perfect. I'll be doing 4x the amaretto next time!
These are very good! I made them for the holidays, and while DH was skeptical (he's the biggest choc chip cookie fan ever) even he was impressed! I healthed 'em up a little bit, though. I used 3/4 c Smart Balance, 1/2 c brown sugar, egg substitute (that's just so I can eat the dough LOL!), and subbed extra amaretto for the almond extract. I don't like coconut, so I left that out as well. With my changes these came out to 70 cals per TBSP dough. Not too shabby! Thanks for posting!!
These Amaretto cookies are the bomb! With all of these ingredients, how could you go wrong? I had forgotten how much I enjoy Amaretto, and by the time I made the cookies, I was hoping I had enough of it for the recipe - lol!