Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is an excellent variation for regular brownies. The simple substitutions are way better for you and the taste it is hardly compromised. If you like brownies you have to try this version. I have made a few alterations since I have posted this recipe because of the no so good review. Much better recipe now, enjoy!
- 1⁄2 cup pumpkin, pureed
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup black coffee
- 4 tablespoons Amaretto
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour 8-inch square baking pan.
- Put chocolate chips and water in a sauce pan over low heat. Stir once in a while until chocolate is melted. Let cool slightly.
- Whisk together oil, sugar, eggs, coffee and Amaretto.
- Add melted chocolate to the egg mixture. Beat until combined.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt. Beat scraping down sides of bowl until incorporated.
- Pour batter into prepared pan; smooth top with rubber spatula.
- Bake for about 40-50 minutes or until inserted tooth pick in the center comes out clean. Let cool in pan. Cut into squares and serve.