If you like chicken cooked in wine, then you'll love it cooked in Amaretto! Adapted from a recipe by Chef Willie of Tioli's restaurant in San Diego.
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned flour
- 2 tablespoons clarified butter
- 1 cup Amaretto, divided
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 3 cups milk
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1⁄2 carrot, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup toasted almond (optional)
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley (optional)
- Cut chicken in half-inch cubes; dredge in seasoned flour; saute in clarified butter on high heat; deglaze with 1/2 cup Amaretto and put to the side.
- Make mirepoix: Saute onion in olive oil until translucent; add carrot and celery; saute until soft and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Heat chicken stock and add the mirepoix; add the milk or cream. Cook until is has reduced by 25% and then add sugar, 1/2 cup amaretto and the chicken cubes.
- Simmer 20 minutes, then add red pepper and serve, garnished with toasted almonds and chopped parsley if desired.