24 hrs 20 mins
Elegant luncheon dish. Adapted from Best of the Best of Georgia. If you don't have time to carve out pineapple boats, you can subsitute an 8 1/4 ounce can of crushed pineapple, (drained well) and serve on top of salad greens. Fresh pineapple is much, much better though. There is no actual cook time - it is chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 fresh pineapple, halved,cored
- 2 cups cooked chicken breasts, diced
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise (must be full fat)
- 3 tablespoons Amaretto, to taste (almond flavor liqueur)
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons toasted slivered almonds, plus
- more toasted slivered almonds, for garnish
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1Hollow out the pineapple halves, leaving behind 4 pineapple boats.
- 2Crush enough of the pineapple flesh to make 1 1/4 cups (use a potato masher or pulse briefly in a food processor)- it should be the consistency of canned crushed pinepple; if there is any extra pienapple flesh, reserve for another use.
- 3Drain crushed pineapple well over a bowl- save juice for another use.
- 4Combine chicken with just 1/4 cup of the mayo, the drained crushed pineapple, 1 Tbsp of the amaretto, the salt, nuts, and celery.
- 5Combine remaining 1/2 cup mayo and 2 Tbsp amaretto (or to taste) in a separate small container; cover and chill overnight.
- 6Fill pineapple boats evenly with chicken salad mixture, then cover and chill overnight (or at least 6 hours).
- 7Before serving, pour dressing over each pineapple boat and sprinkle with additional nuts, if desired.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Amaretto Chicken Salad in Pineapple Boats
Serving Size: 1 (584 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 557.4
- Calories from Fat 201
- Total Fat 22.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 70.2 mg
- Sodium 959.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 47.7 g
- Protein 24.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: