Recipe by ~*Sarah*~
Hubby and I came up with this using the standard Tortured Chicken recipe as a base and adding some of the Amereto we'd bought the day before to the mix. A sweet chicken that was just as good hot as it was cold- even a friend's kids were picking the meat off of the bones.
- 1 cup Amaretto
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons pepper
- 1 roasting chicken
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 (F) and make sure rack's low enough to hold chicken.
- Clean the chicken inside and out, removing gibblets and other internal organs.
- Pat dry with papertowls.
- Mix Amaretto, salt, pepper and brown sugar together untill sugar is disolved and rub/brush onto the chicken covering all of it.
- Save any left over Amaretto mix for basting while chicken is in the oven.
- Line your cooking pan with foil for easy clean up and spray with cooking spray.
- Place chicken on its back in the pan and place your Thermometer in the bird.
- The chicken will be done when the internal temperature is 180 (F) which, depending on your oven can take from 45 min to 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove chicken from oven when done and let cool before cutting.