Prep 0 mins
Cook 50 mins
Hazelnuts, coconut and amaretto what a combination. Prep time unknown
- 7 ounces flaked coconut, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 (24 ounce) carton low fat cottage cheese
- 2 (8 ounce) containers light cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons amaretto liqueur
- 2 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- In a small bowl combine toasted coconut, ground hazlenuts and butter.
- Press onto bottom of 10 inch spring-form pan.
- Set aside.
- Preheat oven 325 degrees F.
- In food processor blend cottage cheese and cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the 3/4 C sugar, amaretto, and whole eggs beat until smooth, put into large bowl, set aside.
- In mixing bowl beat egg whites and cream of tartar at high speed until foamy.
- Gradually add the 1/4 C sugar a tablespoon at a time; beating until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold egg white mixture into cheese mixture.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven allow to cool 15 minutes.
- Cover and chill at least 8 hours.