Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Delicate bites of Amaretto Cheesecake heaven! From "Best of Christmas".
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup amaretto liqueur
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄3 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, brown sugar, and melted butter. Press firmly in bottom of a 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, and 1/4 cup flour. Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until well combined.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add amaretto and almond extract, beating to combine.
- Spread filling evenly over prepared crust; sprinkle with sliced almonds.
- Bake 25 minutes, or until set.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight; cut into squares to serve.
Made this at Christmas and they were so good. The crust is crispy almost cookie like. I baked for the 25 minutes and it was perfect. Everyone loved them. I've made these twice since Christmas, thanks BecR.
The cheesecake batter seemed very runny so was concerned that the bars wouldn't turn out. But, it set up well and the bars turned out fine. I also adapted the crust to be gluten free. This also turned out fine. Overall, the bars seemed to go over well at the potluck last night.