Top Review by mary winecoff
I made these last night for a college student who helped me with my computer. I lliked them because they didn't make a huge amount and they were quick to throw together. Next time I might add a little almond extract (I like the taste of almond) to heighten the almond flavor. Thanks for a good recipe!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, at room temp
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons Amaretto
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 tablespoons almonds, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour and brown sugar.
- Cut in butter until mixture forms fine crumbs.
- Reserve 1 cup crumb mixture for topping.
- Press remainder over bottom of ungreased 8 inch square baking pan.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes at 350 or until lightly browned.
- In mixer bowl, thoroughly cream together cream cheese and granulated sugar.
- Add egg, amaretto, and vanilla; beat well.
- Spread batter over partially baked crust.
- Combine almonds with reserved crumb mixture; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool and cut into squares.