Recipe by MARIA MAC *
Sounds like a quick and easy recipe. Yet to try. Putting it here for safekeeping.
Top Review by ocdbaker
This was really good! Everyone at the party loved it. The amaretto was kind of strong, so if you like the taste a lot, go for it, if not go lighter on the Amaretto. I also added 1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 6 tablespoons butter (softened)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (room temp)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons Amaretto
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 tablespoons almonds (chopped)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour and brown sugar.
- Cut in butter until mixture forms fine crumbs.
- Reserve 1 cup crumb mixture for topping. Press remainder over bottom of ungreased 8 inch square baking pan. Bake for 12-15 minutes at 350 or until lightly browned.
- In mixer bowl, thoroughly cream together cream cheese and granulated sugar. Add egg, amaretto, and vanilla; beat well. Spread batter over partially baked crust.
- Combine almonds with reserved crumb mixture; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Cool and cut into squares.