Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Sounds like a quick and easy recipe. Yet to try. Putting it here for safekeeping.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 6 tablespoons butter (softened)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (room temp)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons Amaretto
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 tablespoons almonds (chopped)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour and brown sugar.
- Cut in butter until mixture forms fine crumbs.
- Reserve 1 cup crumb mixture for topping. Press remainder over bottom of ungreased 8 inch square baking pan. Bake for 12-15 minutes at 350 or until lightly browned.
- In mixer bowl, thoroughly cream together cream cheese and granulated sugar. Add egg, amaretto, and vanilla; beat well. Spread batter over partially baked crust.
- Combine almonds with reserved crumb mixture; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Cool and cut into squares.
This was really good! Everyone at the party loved it. The amaretto was kind of strong, so if you like the taste a lot, go for it, if not go lighter on the Amaretto. I also added 1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips.