Yessssssssss is the only word you need to say..... when thinking about making this cheesecake!
Make and share this Amaretto Cheesecake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup chopped toasted almond
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup Amaretto
- 1⁄2 cup apricot jam
- 1 tablespoon Amaretto
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds, lightly toasted
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a medium bowl combine the graham crumbs, chopped almonds, sugar and butter.
- Mix well.
- Press into the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the cream cheese, sugar and flour.
- Mix until well blended.
- Beat in eggs one at a time until blended.
- Blend in sour cream and Amaretto.
- Pour over crust and bake for 10 minutes.
- Reduce temp to 250 degrees and bake for 40 minutes more.
- You want the cheese cake JUST set.
- Remove and place on a wire rack.
- Run a knife around the edges to loosen.
- Chill overnight.
- Combine the jam and amaretto in a small saucepan.
- Heat over low until just warm.
- Pour over chilled cheesecake and sprinkle with the almonds.
This had such a beautiful blend of flavors, amaretto, apricot, and the chopped walnuts which I substituted for the almonds. This is a wonderful cheesecake.