Recipe by kmalavey
This luscious cheesecake can be all done in the food processor. It bakes in a loaf pan!
- 1 cup coconut macaroons
- 1⁄2 cup chopped almonds
- 4 tablespoons butter (room temperature)
- 24 ounces cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons Amaretto
- 1⁄2 cup cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In the food processor, put the cookies,the butter and the almonds.
- "Pulse" until blended and press into a bread or loaf pan that has been lined with parchmont paper. The crust will cover the bottom and go either all or part of the way up the sides of the pan. Either is fine.
- (You can substitute vanilla wafers or graham crackers for macaroons.).
- Rinse out the food processor and add the filling ingredients. Process until smooth.
- Pour into the crust.
- Set loaf pan into a 13X9 pan of warm water.
- Bake in 325 degree oven for 1.5 hours.
- Let cool and invert onto serving platter.
- Chill and serve.