Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a recipe I dared to duplicate from a caterer at a party I attended and the result was great.
- 1 lb carrot, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons amaretto liqueur
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- Place carrots in a medium saucepan; cover with water (about 1 1/2 cups). Add salt; cook over medium heat until fork-tender, about 10 minutes.
- Remove carrots to a warm dish and set aside. Ladle a tablespoon or two of cooking liquid into a small dish and set aside to cool.
- Add amaretto, almond extract and butter to saucepan; stir constantly until butter is melted.
- Whisk cornstarch into the small dish of reserved (cool) liquid; whisk cornstarch mixture into saucepan and continue cooking until sauce is thickened.
- Stir in honey.
- Return carrots to pan and heat through.
I enjoyed the almond in this recipe. I would never have thought almond and carrots would have gone together. I used half the amount of honey was the only thing I changed. I think I'll make these for our Easter get together. Made for *Zaar Cookbooks Tag* game 2008