1/1 Photo of Amaretto Cake With Chocolate Ganache
1 hr 25 mins
This cake is very moist and rich. It looks beautiful with slivered almonds around the top of the Ganache. (I make it for fancy birthdays and fill layers with cappachino mousse.) I have seen some recipes with sour cream in the batter, but I like vanilla yogurt better.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grease and flour your pans. Set the oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Mix the cake mix with the next five ingredients.
- 3Pour the batter in your pan and bake for 27 minutes for layers or 45+ minutes for a Bundt pan. Check the cake with a toothpick to see if it is done. (When inserted in the cake, it should come out clean. The cake will have just begun to pull away from the sides of the pan.).
- 4Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then remove to finish cooling on a cooling rack. (Slide some waxed paper under the cooling rack to catch the drips of Ganache-yum!).
- 5For the Ganache:.
- 6Unwrap the squares of chocolate and place them in a bowl.
- 7Pour the whipping cream in a pan and bring to a boil.
- 8Pour the hot cream on the chocolate and stir it until it is smooth and glossy.
- 9(at this point I chill it slightly for a filling or if I want to spread it).
- 10Spoon the Ganache over the cake on the rack making sure to cover it evenly.
- 11When the chocolate Ganache is almost set, top with almonds and place it on your serving plate.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Amaretto Cake With Chocolate Ganache
Serving Size: 1 (115 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 452.2
- Calories from Fat 284
- Total Fat 31.6 g
- Saturated Fat 12.5 g
- Cholesterol 83.7 mg
- Sodium 325.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 21.9 g
- Protein 7.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: