Recipe by ~Bliss~
Top Review by scancan
I am giving this cake five stars just for the cake alone since I thought this turned a boring cake mix into a really yummy cake. I felt that the amaretto frosting was a bit too intese for me so I only spread a very thin layer on top ( I didn't poke any holes in it ) and I also did not put as much amaretto in it as called for, instead I added some water. I think this cake would be fine without any frosting at all; just a little whipped cream and fruit would be delicious.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 (6 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 6 teaspoons Amaretto
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 cup Amaretto
- 1 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease and flour one 9" or 10" bundt pan.
- Combine cake mix, eggs, instant vanilla pudding, water, oil, almond extract, and 6 tsp.
- of the amaretto, and blend together well.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350F for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Remove cake from oven and while it is still warm, poke holes in the bottom and pour the amaretto icing into the holes and over the bottom of the cake.
- Let the cake cool for at least 2 hours before removing from the pan.
- To make Amaretto Icing: Sift the confectioner's sugar and combine it with the remaining 1/2 cup amaretto.
- Blend until smooth.
- You can add more amaretto as needed.
- Makes 1- 9 or 10 inch bundt cake.