Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) box orange cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 (3 3/4 ounce) package instant lemon pudding mix
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons amaretto liqueur
- 1⁄2 cup water, plus
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon butter flavoring
- 1 (10 ounce) jar orange marmalade
- 1⁄4 cup amaretto liqueur
- 5 ounces apricot preserves
- 1 cup chopped toasted almond
- Grease a bundt pan.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Beat eggs until light.
- Add remaining cake ingredients and beat for 5 minutes with an electric mixer.
- Pour into greased bundt pan.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes, depending on oven.
- Cake is done when a pick comes out clean.
- For glaze, combine all glaze ingredients except almonds in saucepan.
- Heat over med-low heat until melted.
- Drizzle the glaze over the cooled cake (which has been placed on a cake/serving plate).
- Add the chopped almonds as a"crown" on top.
DH says this cake is much better the second day. Must be that aging Amaretto!
This cake was easy to prepare and baking time was right on. It looked wonderful. I tried to photograph it but the kitchen was too dark. when i came down to try again the next morning half the cake was gone! That says it all.