Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Moist and delicious! The longer it sits, the better it gets!
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 2 tablespoons amaretto liqueur
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup lightly toasted sliced almonds (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup amaretto liqueur
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan.
- Sprinkle evenly with almonds to coat pan.
- Combine cake mix, eggs, pudding, amaretto, water, oil, and almond extract and mix together well.
- Pour batter into prepared Bundt pan.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove cake from oven, and while cake is still warm and in the pan poke holes in the bottom and pour the Amaretto glaze into the holes and bottom of the cake.
- Let the cake cool for at least 2 hours (the longer the better!) before removing from the pan.
- To Make Amaretto Glaze: Combine the confectioners sugar and Amaretto.
- Blend until smooth.
- You can add more Amaretto as needed.
"The longer it sits, the better it tastes," you say. Ours was gone the first day. LOL! It's THAT good!!!
This is a great recipe. My girls made it for their grandparents anniversary. We made two 9 inch cakes instead of the bundt. The girls decorated with butter cream. The cake tasted amazing. I can't wait to make it again.
MOIST, MOIST, MOIST!!! Followed recipe exactly, very pleased with results, thanks for posting.