Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is sooo easy and delicious!!! You won't believe how tasty it is. You can add as little or as much Amaretto as you like. You can't ruin this. I usually just crumble the cake when layering it in. Prep time does not include baking the cake. Enjoy!
- 1 (18 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 cup Amaretto (or as preferred)
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- English toffee bits
- Bake cake as directed on package.
- In a deep glass bowl, break up 1/3 of the cake and put in bottom of bowl.
- Pour 1/3 cup (or less) of Amaretto on top of cake.
- Spread 1/3 of the container of Cool Whip on top of cake mix and Amaretto.
- Sprinkle Heath bits on Cool Whip.
- Repeat layers ending with Heath bits on top.
- This makes a pretty dessert when when placed in a glass bowl as the layers look real nice!
If someone takes the time to post a recipe it deserves a try and a review. It looked interesting and it was quite good. I thought I was putting in too much amaretto and that it would be soggy but I recommend you make as posted and maybe another splash or two. The presentation was lovely in a glass trifle dish however it comes out a bit messy because a trifle dish is round and deep. Maybe it would be worth trying in an oblong dish and removing with a spatula to keep it's shape. Doesn't really matter though,it was still a hit.