Recipe by KT's Mom
This is sooo easy and delicious!!! You won't believe how tasty it is. You can add as little or as much Amaretto as you like. You can't ruin this. I usually just crumble the cake when layering it in. Prep time does not include baking the cake. Enjoy!
Top Review by susan7
If someone takes the time to post a recipe it deserves a try and a review. It looked interesting and it was quite good. I thought I was putting in too much amaretto and that it would be soggy but I recommend you make as posted and maybe another splash or two. The presentation was lovely in a glass trifle dish however it comes out a bit messy because a trifle dish is round and deep. Maybe it would be worth trying in an oblong dish and removing with a spatula to keep it's shape. Doesn't really matter though,it was still a hit.
- 1 (18 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 cup Amaretto (or as preferred)
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- English toffee bits
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake cake as directed on package.
- In a deep glass bowl, break up 1/3 of the cake and put in bottom of bowl.
- Pour 1/3 cup (or less) of Amaretto on top of cake.
- Spread 1/3 of the container of Cool Whip on top of cake mix and Amaretto.
- Sprinkle Heath bits on Cool Whip.
- Repeat layers ending with Heath bits on top.
- This makes a pretty dessert when when placed in a glass bowl as the layers look real nice!