Recipe by Yesi09
This cake is awesome! My family loves it.
Top Review by *Z*
Very easy to make. It's nice and moist as well. I went light on the amaretto in the glaze. It was pretty strong in the bowl but you could barely taste it on the cake so keep that in mind. I only let it cool an hour in the pan b/c I was impatient to taste it. I also made the glaze half at a time. I used half to pour over the cake in the pan. I had a bad experience with glazing a whole (different) cake while it was in the pan so I waited until after I took the cake out of the pan to put the rest of the glaze over it.
- 19 ounces yellow cake mix, 1 box
- 4 eggs
- 1 (5 1/8 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 2 tablespoons amaretto liqueur
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 cup amaretto liqueur
- 1 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, instant vanilla pudding, water, oil, almond extract, and 2 tablespoons of the amaretto; blend together well.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of cake comes out clean.
- Remove cake from oven and while it is still warm, poke holes in the surface.
- Drizzle with the Amaretto Glaze, insuring that some of the glaze fills the holes.
- Let the cake cool for at least 2 hours before removing from the pan.
- To make Amaretto Glaze:
- Sift the confectioners' sugar, and combine it with the remaining 1/2 cup amaretto.
- Blend until smooth.
- You may add more amaretto as needed.