Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Ahhhh amaretto! Found this breakfast recipe on the Disaronno website. Sounds positively delicious and so romantic... after all.. amaretto is the liquor of love.
- Toss the fruit with one tablespoon amaretto and set aside. This is the topping.
- Beat together the cream cheese and 2 tablespoons of the amaretto until smooth. Set aside. This is the filling.
- Whisk the eggs, milk and remaining 2 tablespoons amaretto in a small bowl until frothy.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a medium saute or omelet pan over high heat. Coat the pan with butter. When the foam subsides, pour half the egg mixture into the pan. Swirl to distribute to eggs.
- When set, spoon half the filing onto one side of the omelet. Jerk the pan, tilting, to roll the omelet onto itself, then turn onto a serving plate.
- Repeat with the remaining butter, egg mixture and filling.
- Spoon the amaretto fruit mixture over the omelet and garnish with sour cream and brown sugar.
Like Evelyn I made a scaled down version - using sweet lush strawberries. Made this for me - my treat! Next time I will make enough for everyone. Great way to start Canada Day!
This was a lovely dish. I wasn't sure about egss with fruit and cream cheese, but they really do work well together. I should have removed the pan from the heat after I added the cream cheese filling because mine got too runny. Thanks for a lovely twist on an omelette. Made for ZWT.
Thank you for a deliciously-different breakfast, cheryl. I scaled this down to 1 serving and used strawberries - which are divine with Amaretto. Didn't use any of the garnishes, just enjoyed as is with a Milky Way Cappuccino and felt very, very happy, indeed.