Recipe by NcMysteryShopper
Ahhhh amaretto! Found this breakfast recipe on the Disaronno website. Sounds positively delicious and so romantic... after all.. amaretto is the liquor of love.
- 1 cup fresh fruit, sliced (such as blueberries, strawberries and peaches)
- 5 tablespoons Amaretto
- 2 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- sour cream, garnish
- brown sugar, garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss the fruit with one tablespoon amaretto and set aside. This is the topping.
- Beat together the cream cheese and 2 tablespoons of the amaretto until smooth. Set aside. This is the filling.
- Whisk the eggs, milk and remaining 2 tablespoons amaretto in a small bowl until frothy.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a medium saute or omelet pan over high heat. Coat the pan with butter. When the foam subsides, pour half the egg mixture into the pan. Swirl to distribute to eggs.
- When set, spoon half the filing onto one side of the omelet. Jerk the pan, tilting, to roll the omelet onto itself, then turn onto a serving plate.
- Repeat with the remaining butter, egg mixture and filling.
- Spoon the amaretto fruit mixture over the omelet and garnish with sour cream and brown sugar.