Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe is from "Savory Faire" cookbook. It is very easy to make and is wonderful.
Make and share this Amaretto Bread Pudding recipe from Food.com.
- 1 loaf white bread, cubed
- 1 quart half-and-half
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons almond extract
- 1 cup almonds, sliced
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup amaretto liqueur
- Place bread cubes, half and half, sugar, eggs, almond extract and almonds in large mixing bowl.
- Mix until well combined.
- Pour mixture into a buttered 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F.
- for 35 minutes or until set.
- When pudding is almost finished baking, place butter in a saucepan and melt slowly.
- Add powdered sugar and beaten egg.
- Mix quickly so that the egg doesn't cook before it is incorporated.
- Cook until smooth and incorporated.
- Add almond liqueur.
- Cut pudding into 12 squares and serve warm with warmed sauce and whipping cream.
Oh WOW!! This bread pudding was totally decadent. Your directions were easy to follow. I used a whisk for stirring the sauce. I found it easier to keep the liquid moving so the egg wouldn't curdle. I only used 1 tablespoon of almond extract because I thought 2 would be too strong. The flavor was to my liking, but next time, I might be more brave and add more. I made this for family but it is nice enough to serve to company. Thanks Susan, for sharing a wonderful recipe.
WOW!! Just took this to a winter party and got great reviews. It turned out very creamy and tall. I was glad I had used an extra deep baking dish.
Since I'm not generally a bread pudding fan, this review is based on what my husband and family said at Christmas dessert: This is awesome! My husband emphasized many times last night that he really, really liked it (in other words, please make it again!). Some had with the sauce, some without. They all really liked this and complimented it a lot! I think it was the hit of all the desserts! I will make it again since my husband liked it so well. I can see how it can be frozen in single serving pieces, so I'll probably do that. On behalf of my husband and family, thanks for a great dessert!