Recipe by Baby Kato
These special pancakes are sure to impress your company. Easy to make and oh they smell so good. Your guests will think you've been up all morning.
Top Review by Annacia
This was a real hit with the family this morning. I didn't have blueberries but I did have frozen mixed berries and I used them to make the topping. I skipped the ice cream and made the berries with a little water, Splenda, cornstarch and the secret ingredient that everyone was trying to guess (the Amaretto). The cakes were fluffy and light. Thank you for a morning treat BK. YUMM!
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream
- 3 tablespoons Amaretto or 3 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, sliced and toasted
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted (for frying pancakes)
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup blueberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauce Melt ice cream in fridge, stir in Amaretto Liquier or Grand Marnia, reserve almonds for garnish.
- Pancakes Combine eggs, milk and butter.
- In seperate bowl add flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- Stir flour mixture into egg mixture.
- DO NOT OVERBEAT.
- Gently stir in blueberries.
- Heat griddle, add a little butter and cook pancakes.
- Serve with sauce and garnish with almonds.