Recipe by Kim D.
This is a delicious biscotti recipe which smells wonderful while baking. Perfect served with your morning coffee or just as a snack. I found the recipe in "Sweet Maria's Italian Cookie Tray Cookbook".
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon amaretto liqueur
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream together butter and sugar with an electric mixer.
- Add eggs, vanilla, and Amaretto liqueur; mix well.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix on low speed until just blended.
- Add almonds and stir.
- Divide dough into two equal pieces.
- Roll each piece into a loaf about 12 inches long on a well floured surface, and place on a large baking sheet about 3 inches apart.
- Bake for about 20- 25 minutes, until golden.
- Remove from oven and place each loaf on a cooling rack.
- Allow loaves to cool for about 15 minutes.
- Place loaves on a cutting board.
- Using a bread knife, slice into 1/2-inch wide slices.
- Place slices in a single layer on baking sheet.
- Return to oven for about 10-12 minutes, or until lightly golden brown.
- Remove from oven and place cookies on a cooling rack.
- Cool completely and store in an airtight container.
- ~NOTE~You may freeze cookies in plastic freezer bags.