Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A delicious twist to the traditional version of Bananas Foster. It's always a hit for dinner parties and there's never a drop left. Best served over vanilla ice cream or pudding. If traditional version of Bananas Foster is preferred, just omit the Amaretto & replace with 1 oz. dark rum & 1 oz. banana liquor. This can be flambe'd at the end when adding the alcohol, however - this is only recommended for the experienced cook.
- 3 bananas, ripe
- 44.37 ml butter
- 177.44 ml light brown sugar
- 3.69 ml cinnamon
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 0.25 ml salt
- 42.52 g Amaretto
- Melt butter in pan then add bananas. Stir over medium high heat until blended.
- Stir in brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt and continue to cook, stirring constantly.
- Add Amaretto, reduce heat, and stir until mixed through then remove from heat.
- Serve immediately over vanilla ice cream or vanilla pudding.
Tasty and easy! I used maple syrup instead of brown sugar and served with toasted coconut ice cream.
This is Heaven...