Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
We make these at Christmas time ... and my mom eats the first batch herself. Make a double batch from the start and save yourself the trouble. :-)
- 2 cups pecans, very finely chopped
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 2 cups chocolate wafers or 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2⁄3 cup Amaretto
- finely chopped pecans, to finish
- Crush pecans and wafers separately using a food processor to equal 2 cups of each.
- Combine food processor with sugar.
- Slowly pour in liqueur until mixture forms a ball. You might not need the whole amount.
- If mixture gets too wet, put it in the refrigerator overnight without a cover.
- Shape into small balls; roll in additional finely chopped pecans.
- Store in tightly sealed container. In the refrigerator is best.